Our client, a financial services player in microfinance banking sector, is looking for a dynamic, innovative and results-oriented individual to fill in the following position in Nairobi:
The incumbent will be responsible for the Finance function, overall finance roles, and risk reporting for the institution.
- Support the development and implementation of the Bank’s strategic and business plan.
- Manage the utilization of company finances according to established policies and ensure compliance with laid down conditions pertaining to loan agreements with external financiers
- Manage the preparation of financial proposals, financial reports and other reports.
- Monitor performance against financial plans and provide relevant and timely information to the
Board, Senior Management peers, Departments, branches, and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure timely and expeditious facilitation of external auditing requirements and statutory reporting of financial performance.
- Implement policies and procedures to guide the management of the investment portfolios in the bank.
- Manage the balance between risk and return by maintaining a positive spread between the interest rates on earning assets and the interest cost of funds
- Manage all payments, collection & banking of revenue, all capital expenditure and procurements for the bank
- Ensure proper custody of security, deeds, and other important documents and reliability and integrity of financial and operating information systems and oversee inter-branch transfers.
- Ensure coordination of Asset and Liability Committee meetings per policy and follow-up closure of relevant action plans
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Thorough knowledge of financial services/Microfinance banking industry policies and regulatory requirements as relates to microfinance banking institutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting option) or Finance or related field.
- Masters in Business Administration (Accounting/Finance) is an added advantage
- Experience in banking and especially microfinance banking is a key requirement
- Must be a CPA (K) or ACCA finalist in related accounting, finance or audit field
- Have 5 years’ relevant work experience 3 of which in a similar position preferably in a financial environment.
- Hands on experience with BR.NET core banking is an added advantage
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading ‘FINANCE MANAGER’ by 14th October 2022 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees.