Our client, one of the leading suppliers of high-quality furniture in East Africa, is looking for a dynamic, innovative and result-orientated individual to fill in the following position in Nairobi:
The individual will be responsible for monitoring contract progress against the agreed programmes, control costs against agreed budgets/end cost forecasts, prepare and agree interim valuations and final accounts in order to maximize the process efficiency and enhance productivity.
The ideal candidate should have strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills with a proven track record of driving change through team and trust building.
- Ensure that targeted profit margins for each project milestones are achieved through very strict project monitoring programs.
- Manage stock level, procurement and timely delivery to project sites.
- Manage project costs by properly vetting requests and timely presentation for approval.
- Prepare project reports such as valuation report, project financial report status.
- Material cost survey and update reports at agreed timelines.
- Oversee performance management by tracking and evaluating project performance against stated performance indicators.
- Assisting in project costing / quoting and tendering
Key Qualifications and Experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying and Civil Engineering.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor in furniture retail industry.
- Estimating or finance experienced is advantageous.
- A good planner, well organized and good decision maker Excellent
- Negotiating and interpersonal skills. Great networking abilities.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff.
- Proficient in standard quantity surveying software.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Knowledge of key office productivity tools (excel, word etc.)
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating the subject heading ‘QUANTITY SURVEYOR’ by 20th JULY 2021 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. The position is filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.