Our client, Tony Blair Institute for Global Change , is a non-profit organization that operates independently by making globalization work for the many, not the few. They achieve this by helping countries, their people, and their governments address some of the most difficult challenges in the world and offer new thinking and new approaches to address some of the most intractable problems that leaders wrestle with today.
Tony Blair Institute for Global Change is seeking to recruit a qualified professional to fill the following position in their Nairobi office;
REGIONAL HUB OFFICE MANAGER
Reporting to the Regional Director- East Africa, the incumbent will be responsible for providing effective and efficient support to ensure smooth administrative and program delivery. This includes administrative, logistical and information management.
- Ensuring the development of Regional Level Security SOPs that are contextuallyappropriate to the risk to staff and activities in the region
- Notifying the Regional Director and Head of Africa Security and Operations when thepolitical or security situation may impact staff or activities
- Understanding and helping to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulationsregarding local and international procurement and import/export procedures
- Supporting Visa application and arrival procedures of staff and visitors to the programmewhere required
- Ensuring conferencing capability for staff is maintained in office spaces in collaborationwith the IT Team
- Regular checking of vehicles and generators used to ensure they are fit for purpose andmeet national standards
- Coordinating movements outside of core locations in the region and ensuring compliancewith all policies and procedures
- Supporting in problem-solving, setting up of bank accounts and management of cash in-country
- Maintaining a log of preferred suppliers and ensuring that all suppliers undergo duediligence
Key Qualifications, Experience, Skills, and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Finance, Logistics, Administration, Accountingor other related fields from an accredited Institution of Higher Learning
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in administrative work; experience in projectadministrative and financial management or related work is an added advantage
- Experience in the usage of computers and Microsoft Office software packages, knowledgeof Microsoft Excel and experience in handling web-based systems
- Able to handle financial records and expenses
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work without supervision
- Multi-tasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs and academic qualifications to email@example.com stating the subject heading REGIONAL HUB OFFICE MANAGER by Monday 6th June 2022 at 5.00 p.m. clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION
|Division||Advisory – Africa – Africa Executive|
|Department||Gov – Africa Regional Director – East Africa|
|Job Title||Regional Hub Officer Manager|
|Reports to||Regional Director – Eastern Africa|
|Level (People Team use Only)|
|Updated Date:||16 May 2022|
Our client is a non-profit organization that operates independently by making globalization work for the many, not the few. They achieve this by helping countries, their people and their governments address some of the most difficult challenges in the world and offer new thinking and new approaches to address some of the most intractable problems that leaders wrestle with today.
They are seeking to recruit a motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the following position in their office:
Reporting to the Regional Director – Eastern Africa, the Regional Hub Office Manager is responsible for providing effective and efficient support to ensure smooth administrative and programme delivery. This includes administrative, logistical and information management.
The Regional Hub Office Manager is either directly responsible for implementing the tasks below or overseeing service providers / staff that perform these functions for the Regional Hub.
Logistics, Stores Management and Procurement
- Review and ensure all capital equipment and asset logs for the regional office are in place coordinating with country counterparts.
- Understand and help ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations regarding local and international procurement and import / export procedures.
- Maintain good relationships with a local network of suppliers including but not limited to car rental firms, landlords, housing agencies, phone and wifi network providers, security firms.
- Document local procurement procedures where appropriate. Ensure compliance with TBI policies and procedures when purchasing goods or services locally.
- Ensure that all safety and security equipment including medical and firefighting equipment is effectively distributed and maintained to the appropriate standards and is serviced according to the recommended maintenance schedule.
- Liaise with TBI Institute Resources teams in London to coordinate tasks such as the shipment of IT equipment, due diligence checks and the review and approval of contracts.
- Responsible for the secure storage of TBI assets and equipment in office locations including IT infrastructure. Where appropriate defining store keeping procedures.
- Support in problem solving issues that arise, supporting setting up bank accounts and management of cash in-country. Ensure countries maintain minimum cash levels.
- Conduct regularly checks to ensure vehicles and generators used by TBI are fit for purpose and meet national standards.
- Where fleet is outsourced, ensure that vehicles are to the agreed contractual requirement and fit for purpose.
- Conduct monthly checks of all TBI vehicles ensuring that safety features and equipment are functional and serviced in accordance with recommended servicing schedules.
- Tracking of fuel usage and fuel accounts.
- Coordinate movements outside of core locations in the region.Ensure compliance TBI policies and procedures.
- Support visa applications and arrival procedures of staff and visitors to the programme where required
- Ensure that all international staff and visitors have a working means of communication within 24 hours of arrival in the region.
- Support VIP visits and coordinate with Senior Leadership, Travel Team and IR to manage on the ground requirements.
- Management of supplier contracts, such as office space, fleet management services, utilities and houses.
- Ensure all suppliers have undergone due diligence checks, via the London Legal and Compliance team. Maintain a log of preferred suppliers and those that do not pass KYC.
- Act as the main contact for key suppliers and service providers to the project team.
Safety, Security and Access
- In collaboration with the Global Operations and Security team, ensure development of Regional level security SOPs that are contextually appropriate to the risk to TBI staff and activities in the region.
- Notify the Regional Director and Head of Africa Security and Operations when the political or security situation may impact TBI’s staff or activities
- Ensure that any violation of safety and security rules as well as security incidents are reported to the respective Country Head, Regional Director and Global Operations and Security team.
- Ensure that the office is compliant with fire regulations and equipped with firefighting equipment where necessary. Ensure clear fire protocols are in place at TBI regional office. Carry out security assessments of regionally based international staff accommodation
- In locations where physical security measures are installed, ensure that systems are maintained in accordance with the recommended service schedule and faults and issues are fixed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the regional hub satellite phone is serviceable and tested on a monthly basis.
- Make sure that regional visitors and staff details are added to the country Flap sheet and communications tree.
Office and Accommodation Management
- Office and accommodation maintenance: liaise with landlord/managing agents for TBI rented properties to resolve maintenance, security or H&S issues that may arise.
- Ensure conferencing capability for staff is maintained in office spaces in collaboration with the IT Team.
- Maintain control of office stationery and other office consumables
It is also expected that they will cover any other duties as required where capacity and availability permits. These duties will be communicated in advance and agreed with the Regional Director where possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Finance, Logistics, Administration, Accounting or related field from an accredited institution of higher education
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in administrative work; experience in project administrative and financial management or related work is an advantage
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software package, knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based systems
- Able to handle financial records and expenses
- Excellent time management skills and able to work without supervision
- Multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people.
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Government Advisory teams work directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It works with a variety of partners and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemakers: you’ll be focused on results