Our client, The Monarch Insurance Company Limited is a leader in the insurance sector with over 40 years’ experience in insurance service providing tailored products in both general and life insurance. They are looking for a dynamic, innovative and result-orientated individual to fill in the following position in Nairobi
Reporting to the General Manager-GIB, the Marketing Manager is responsible for planning and implementing the marketing and sales strategies in order to meet the company’s sales targets.
- Identifying, developing, and evaluating the marketing strategy, based on the knowledge of the company’s objectives, market characteristics, and operational costs and mark up factors
- Formulating, directing and coordinating marketing activities and policies to promote products and services
- Regularly getting in touch with branch offices to discuss new marketing procedures and developing intermediaries for business growth
- Planning the marketing budget and working with the marketing team and the management team to achieve targets
- Consulting with clients and other stakeholders in the insurance industry to gain advice regarding the insurance products expected to be in demand
- Preparing comprehensive marketing reports to be used for internal analysis by various departments, the Board of directors and also for evaluation of the Company’s financial status by the government, Insurance Regulatory Authority, external and internal auditors
- Representing the company at trade fairs and associations to promote products and services and safeguarding the company’s interests and reputation in ensuring the organizational values and standards are maintained during the marketing campaigns
- Leading the marketing staff in overseeing product development and monitoring trends that indicate the need for new insurance products
- Evaluating the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit and loss projections.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or business-related course
- At least 5 years’ experience in the insurance sector
- AIIK/ ACII (Associate of Chartered Insurance Institute of London) qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of insurance industry and the Kenyan market
- Knowledge of IRA, KRA, AKI, RBA regulations
- Good knowledge of MS office
- Good organizational and presentation skills
- Demonstrate financial awareness
- People person who has experience in dealing with people with different ethnic and cultural background
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating the subject heading “MARKETING MANAGER” by Friday, 7th May 2021 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. The position is filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.