Our client, a leading office furniture supplier is seeking to recruit a highly talented and field oriented professional to fill in the following position:
Reporting to Sales Manager, the Logistics Supervisor will be responsible for leading a team of drivers in delivering company goods efficiently, creating work schedules and transportation routes, managing budget for vehicle repair and training drivers to ensure maximum success.
- Managing warehouse stock inventory through monitoring of daily warehouse activities, cycle counts, stock takes and audit of same to verify results.
- Ensuring all fleet members have license, up to date training and that the staff adhere to schedules and proper driving practices.
- Ensuring compliance with the health and safety standards and other legal requirements.
- Providing regular reports to management on budgeting, schedules, maintenance and fleet progress.
- Training staff on standard operating procedures (SOPs) and safe work practice and taking preventive measures.
- Safeguarding warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Monitoring the performance and activities of the warehouse through the use of KPIs, with a primary focus on cost controls and coordinating deliveries with carriers.
- Maintaining proper physical conditions of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Developing methods to decrease cost and improve efficiency including but not limited to follow up with clients after closing a sale to ensure customer satisfaction
Key Qualifications and Experience.
- Holds a Degree/Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or related functions from a recognized University.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in fleet management
- Technical knowledge of furniture and its assembly is a must
- Knowledgeable in technical furniture and its assembly
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to initiate ideas and provide solutions to challenges
- Possess basic computer skills – Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th, May 2021 clearly stating the subject heading “LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR”. Indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.