Our client, a leading office furniture supplier is seeking to recruit a highly talented and field oriented professional to fill in the following position:
The individual will be responsible for overseeing and managing overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order to maximize the process efficiency and enhance productivity.
The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate should have strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills with a proven track record of driving change through team and trust building.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints.
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Effective monitoring of inventory and maintaining best product availability.
- Overall responsibility for material master data and purchasing.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or degree in Logistics Management, Transport Management or other related field.
- 5 years of proven working experience as a Logistics Manager.
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff.
- Proficient in standard logistics software.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Knowledge of key office productivity tools (excel, word etc.)
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com stating the subject heading ‘LOGISTICS MANAGER’ by 17th JULY 2021 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. The position is filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.