Our client, a leader in the insurance sector with over 40 years experience in insurance service providing tailored products in both general and life insurance is looking for a dynamic, innovative and result-orientated individual to fill in the following position in Nairobi.
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that all legal matters are attended to in the right manner thus protect the company’s image, and ensure client satisfaction as well as minimize costs in claims processing.
- Liaise with the Legal Manager in advising the management on the status of the matters in court and on the best way forward
- Ensure recovery of the company’s outlay & debts
- Provide legal advice on all aspects of pensions/retirement benefits management and on copyrights laws
- Manage registration of the company’s trade mark and name and ensure statutory returns are done in accordance the Companies Act
- Interpret the existing legislation and advise the company on the implications, compliance requirements and on any new/upcoming laws
- Respond to correspondences from insured, claimants, claimant’s advocates and our advocates, amongst others
- Instruct and liaise with external lawyers, insured’s and witnesses on matters filed in court, call for policy excess and documents in support of the claims
- Ensure that judgments/costs are settled on time to ensure the interests of the company are protected
- Resolve complaints/disagreements with clients amicably so as to maintain a good working relationship
Key Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor of Law Degree
- Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law
- At least 3 years’ experience in the insurance claims handling
- Good knowledge of the insurance industry
- Knowledge of insurance industry laws and court processes
- Knowledge of IRA, KRA and AKI regulations
- Good MS Office skills
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “LEGAL OFFICER” by Friday, 7th September 2021 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.