Our client in the hospitality industry is seeking to recruit a highly talented, skilled and dynamic professional to fill in the following position based in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Restaurant Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for acting as a link between the kitchen staff and the customers, taking customers’ food and beverage orders and placing them accurately with the bar or kitchen, and timely serving customers in an efficient manner to ensure provision of an excellent dining experience.
- Welcoming and guiding customer to their seats, explaining the menu and handling guest queries on the menu.
- Taking and placing orders for food and beverage using the POS systems.
- Communicating standing orders to the Cooks/Executive Chef e.g., for special dietary requirements, baby food or off menu items.
- Setting the tables, replenishing linen and napkins and ensuring proper covers and symmetry.
- Helping the customers with food and beverage selection as needed, serving customers and clearing tables.
- Observing restaurant opening and closing duties including preparing mise en place
- Reporting incidents at the restaurant to the Supervisor on duty
- Delivering bills and collecting payments
- Upselling additional products as and when appropriate
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Customer service skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Impeccable hygiene
- Attention to detail
- Honesty and integrity
- Numeracy skills
- Cash handling skills
KEY QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Diploma or Certificate in Food and Beverage service or equivalent
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Excellent product knowledge i.e., food and beverage menu
- At least one years’ experience in a similar role
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs and academic qualifications to email@example.com stating the subject heading WAITRESS/CASHIER by Monday 5th December 2022 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share on Social Media