Our client, The Monarch Insurance Company Limited is an insurance company that consistently provides innovative, unique, and affordable products and services that exceeds customers’ expectations.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented and dynamic professional to fill in the following position based at the Head Office, Nairobi.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the incumbent`s primary role will be providing support and guidance to the underwriting team by overseeing all aspects of credit approval, credit administration, loan underwriting, closing all loan products, portfolio administration, and policy.
- Developing, implementing, and interpreting departmental policies, procedures, endorsements, and methodologies that assess the company’s financial risk.
- Executing strategic initiatives that support profit, growth, retention, and customer service objectives.
- Analyzing statistical data in order to determine eligible and non- eligible individuals for insurance coverage by assessing clients’ background information.
- Managing the underwriting team by overseeing and assigning tasks and providing support on complex issues to underwriters, underwriting assistants and interns working within the department.
- Conducting quality control checks by reviewing policy decisions and insurance proposals from time to time.
- Reviewing insurance premiums based on informed judgment and competitor pricing.
- Assessing agency performance and recommending the appointment or cancellation of agents
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any other related field from a recognized university.
- At least seven (7) years’ relevant working experience preferably in the Insurance industry and three (3) years’ experience in a managerial position
- A post Graduate professional qualification in Insurance (ACII / AIIK)
- Sound understanding of reinsurance markets and mechanisms.
- Possess leadership skills and the ability to work with diverse teams
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs and academic qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading UNDERWRITING MANAGER by Monday, 8th May 2023 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share on Social Media