Our client is a leading bank operating within the region. They are seeking to recruit a highly talented and dynamic professional to fill in the following position based in Nairobi.
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
Reporting to the Senior Manager – IT Infrastructure, the incumbent will be responsible for planning, organizing, and managing staff and overall operations to ensure stable operations of the bank’s IT Systems through best practices and the appropriate collaboration with technical, business, and third-party organizations.
- Ensuring full availability (24/7) of the entire IT Infrastructure of the Bank through best practices and the appropriate collaboration with technical, business, and third-party organizations.
- Installing and configuring, managing, troubleshooting, and proactively updating hardware and software assets to prevent downtime or zero-day exploits from occurring.
- Designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting the organization’s computer systems, including operating systems, business applications, security tools, web servers, email systems, and end-user hardware (laptops, PCs, mobile devices).
- Managing user accounts, credentials, permissions, access rights, storage allocations, and active directory administration as well as building an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
- Ensuring the compliance of all the infra-related licenses and contracts as well as the timely renewal of the same.
- Conducting accurate and timely performance management for the team and providing system training and support to head office and branches.
- Analyzing and assessing business needs and requirements versus system support.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / IT-related field. A Master’s degree in IT will be an added advantage.
- Certifications in Microsoft Certified Solutions Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) and/or AIX Administrator, Oracle Linux System Administrator (Oracle), Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), VMware Certified Professional 6 & above – Data Center Virtualization.
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience as a Systems Administrator or similar role.
- Must have knowledge of Customer Information Systems (CIS) standards.
- Experience with databases (MSSQL and Oracle), networks (LAN, WAN), and patch management.
- Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Windows Server, Unix/Linux, and AIX Operating Systems
Strong troubleshooting, interpersonal, and change management skills.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs and academic qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION MANAGER by Thursday, 21st September 2023 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share on Social Media