Our client in the health industry that offers medical and cosmetic treatments, is seeking to recruit a highly talented and dynamic professional to fill in the following position based in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and Director, the incumbent will be responsible for preparing financial accounts, budgeting, forecasting, tax filing, payroll processing, and coordinating company audits. He / She will also be responsible for ensuring that all financial records and statements comply with applicable laws, regulations, and generally accepted accounting principles, as well as advising and helping the management on financial matters, tax compliance, and promotion of the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Ensuring compliance with all tax matters, licensing bodies, and authorities and processing of the tax payments and returns.
- Conducting monthly, quarterly, and yearly close processes to verify all entries made on XERO and ensure completeness, accuracy, and cohesiveness of the information captured.
- Analyzing business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations and preparing reports.
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of payments captured & tracked on XERO through cheques & EFTs and the reporting of all financial information done; weekly, monthly, quarterly, and end of the year.
- Managing payroll; calculating net salaries, ensuring payroll and tax documents are accurate, updating payroll files, and processing deductions if any.
- Managing inventory; sourcing for organizational supplies, negotiating for the best rates in the market, ordering, controlling, and tracking stocks on XERO system.
- Reviewing and reconciling the general ledger, identifying and thoroughly investigating any discrepancies, and taking the proper corrective actions to resolve them.
- Maintaining a monthly listing of the accounts payable and receivables and following up on customer payments and debt collection.
- Preparing budget forecasts, budget variance analysis, audit schedules, and supporting the organization during external audits.
Key Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related area of study.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)or ACCA.
- Member of The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an accountant in a busy environment.
- Intermediate understanding of accounting procedures, principles, and reporting standards as well as creating financial statements.
- Proficiency in XERO accounting software and administration skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel skills including pivot tables and great analytical skills.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the end of the month or end of the year close process.
- In-depth knowledge of Kenya’s financial laws.
- Experience in handling tax matters.
- Natural proficiency with or passion for math.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs and academic qualifications to email@example.com stating the subject heading SENIOR ACCOUNTANT by Friday 19th August 2022 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.