Our client in the mining industry is seeking to recruit a highly talented and dynamic professional to fill in the following position based in Ruiru, Kiambu County.
Reporting to General Manager, the incumbent will oversee general security at the company while maintaining security standards for employees, visitors and company property. The incumbent will also manage and be accountable for the provision of security policies, code of practices, strategy and operational activity for the company and ensure that they are followed by all company staff and other stakeholders.
- Developing security-related policies and strategies in liaison with the General Manager and the Board of Directors.
- Analyzing, coordinating and leading recovery / mitigating activities in response to security-related emergency situations.
- Performing security process evaluations and inspections, as well as preparing the organization and staff for external inspections.
- Advising the Senior Management on confidential or sensitive matters and acting as a link between the company and the police at all levels, in order to expedite solutions to difficult situations.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of security officers and recommending corrective actions and measures to the Human Resources Department.
- Formulating and reviewing Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and preparing daily and weekly incident reports.
- Ensuring the company is compliant with all existing government and international security regulations and requirements.
- Overseeing the recruitment, training and supervision of company security officers from time to time.
- Investigating fraud cases involving staff and preparing reports to the disciplinary committee.
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to ensure security measures are implemented and followed within the company.
Key Qualifications, Experience, Skills, and Competencies
- Degree or Diploma in any security-related course
- Proven working experience as a Security Manager or a similar role
- Working experience in a bank will be an added advantage
- Broad knowledge and experience in surveillance techniques, emergency response skills, hazards and threats to security and commitment to security rules
- Knowledge of any computer programs and security technology
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and time-management skills
- High integrity and trustworthy
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs and academic qualifications to email@example.com stating the subject heading SECURITY MANAGER by Friday 31st March 2023 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share on Social Media