Our client in the hospitality industry is seeking to recruit a highly talented and dynamic professional to fill in the following position based in Nairobi:
HR AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
Reporting to the Managing Director, the incumbent will be responsible for fulfilling the HR and operational function of the business, by creating a high-performance culture retaining the workforce, managing, and overseeing the general operations of the business.
• Creating hiring plans, screening, interviewing, and evaluating candidates
• Preparing job offer letters and employment contracts for the staff and contracts for service providers
• Creating and ensuring the implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), policies and procedures
• Handling and managing employee grievances and escalated customer complaints and queries
• Managing payroll and keeping updated records of all payments
• Overseeing inventory, managing and ordering office supplies, sourcing for suppliers
• Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations
• Overseeing employee attendance and working schedules including breaks, overtime, and paid time off
• Ensuring timely renewals of licenses and permits
Key Qualifications, Experience, Skills, and Competencies
• Professional qualification in Human Resource Management
• 3 – 4 years of experience as a Human Resource Manager
• Hands-on experience in recruitment and payroll management
• In-depth knowledge of regulations and labor law practices in Kenya
• Excellent organization, administration, and people skills
• Good problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills
• Ability to meet and maintain deadlines.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs and academic qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading HR AND OPERATIONS MANAGER by Friday 28th October 2022 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.