Our client in the FMCG industry is seeking to recruit a highly talented and dynamic professional to fill in the following position based in Thika, Kenya:
HEAD OF HR & ADMIN
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will drive Human Resource Management at a strategic level while ensuring the effective execution of change, harmonious industrial relations, and effective performance management.
- Formulating, reviewing, and implementing human resources strategies and plans aligned to and supporting the achievement of the company’s strategic goals.
- Continuously monitoring and advising the company on market pay levels and recommending how internal pay structure can be optimized.
- Developing, implementing, and communicating HR management policies and procedures that reflect company standards and culture, training managers and supervisory staff on their application and revising them as necessary to ensure continued compliance with statutory requirements.
- Maintaining harmonious industrial relations with the staff unions, leading the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) negotiations, and managing implementations.
- Preparing the annual operational plan to support the company’s overall strategic aims and objectives.
- Resolving audit and risk-related issues identified during HR audits, implementing them, and providing recommendations.
- Managing and coordinating the recruitment process while implementing effective recruitment strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled workforce.
- Working with functional Heads to understand the business strategy, workforce requirements, and staff development plans accordingly.
Key Qualifications, Experience, Skills, and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business-related field or Social Sciences.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in human resource management, with at least five (5) years at a senior level.
- Must be an active member of the Institute of Human Resources Management (IHRM).
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) is a must.
- Conversant with Kenyan labour laws.
- Knowledge in coaching, conflict management, leadership development, and change.
- Good leadership, project management, and strategic management skills.
- Strong decision-making, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs and academic qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading HEAD OF HR & ADMIN by Friday, 23rd February 2024 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share on Social Media