Our client in the mining industry is seeking to recruit a highly talented and dynamic professional to fill in the following position based in Ruiru, Kiambu County.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing business development strategies, policies and procedures, overseeing the company budget, increasing company profits and monitoring general business by liaising with the Board of Directors and other stakeholders to ensure set goals are achieved.
- Co-ordinating meetings to ensure company policies, procedures, initiatives, communication and directions are well communicated to and understood by company shareholders.
- Overseeing, initiating and engaging in corporate community activities with corporate clients to build strong corporate relations.
- Engaging with investors and senior team members in broader organizational strategy planning.
- Machinery design and process modification in order to improve productivity, safety and efficiency
- Managing and planning staffing needs, overseeing talent development and succession planning as well as conducting continuous trainings on technical skills.
- Establishing an inventory control system to ensure inventory carrying costs are minimized while all necessary equipment are always available.
- Maintaining up-to-date information and knowledge on new developments in terminal operations and maintenance requirements.
- Managing client relationships by making consistent follow-ups on customer experience feedback.
- Researching, planning and implementing new target market initiatives.
Key Qualifications, Experience, Skills, and Competencies
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial/ Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or its equivalent
- Post Graduate Degree / Masters in Business Administration/ Strategic Management or a related field will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years’ working experience, with at least 5 years in a senior managerial role in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of budget preparation, basic financial-related matters and reporting against financial objectives.
- Good business acumen and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of business processes and functions
- Ability to effectively lead, coach and manage others in a professional environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic mindset and outstanding problem-solving skills.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs and academic qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading GENERAL MANAGER by Friday 31st March 2023 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share on Social Media