Our client is a marketing company that delivers 360-degree marketing solutions. They are seeking to recruit a highly qualified professional to fill in the following position in their fast-paced Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the incumbent will be responsible for working closely with the Group Managing Director and Creative team to generate creative ideas and concepts, pitching ideas to clients when called upon and displaying a solid understanding of the market dynamics of assigned products. He/ She will also be responsible for ensuring proper client relation management and managing challenging situations both internally and with the client. The incumbent will also be overseeing and guiding freelancers and designers on allocated work projects and shared ideas.
- Formulating basic layout design on presentation approach and specifying material details such as style and size type, photographs, graphics
- Ensuring the production of sketches, storyboards, roughs, or scamps for all media to communicate ideas to the client
- Reviewing and approving proofs of printed copy, art, and copy materials developed by staff
- Managing own accounts and projects within the allocated budget
- Advising and managing new creative teams on placement with client agencies
- Coordinating photo shoots and printing sessions to ensure the availability of needed products
- Creating custom illustrations and graphic development of products and brands
- Marking up, pasting, and completing layouts and writing typography instructions to prepare materials for typesetting or printing
- Negotiating with printers and estimators to determine what services will be performed
- Interacting with copywriters to develop creative concepts and executions of assigned products
- Working closely with account executives to schedule and monitor all projects
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in either Graphic Design, Advertising Design, Illustration, Fine Art, Advertising, and marketing
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Creative/Graphic Designer
- Proven knowledge of design software packages, such as Photoshop and Illustrator, along with an understanding of the advertising process
- Ability to produce and communicate a consistent stream of fresh ideas and visual concepts
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and multitask
- Well-developed team working and people management skills
- Comprehensive computer photo-retouching and image development skills.
- Experience with typographic settings (i.e., points, leading, picas, kerning, tracking, cap height, x-height, etc.)
- Knowledge of production techniques and processes and correct disking proceduresInterested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs and academic qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading CREATIVE DIRECTOR by Friday 3rd March 2023 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees.
Share on Social Media