Our client, The Monarch Insurance Company Limited is an insurance company that consistently provides innovative, unique, and affordable products and services that exceed customers’ expectations.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented and dynamic professional to fill in the following position based at the Head Office in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for administrating the insurance claims, ensuring high-quality claim management, and providing specialist advice and support for all insurance-related matters.
- Developing and leading the implementation of the Claims strategy to ensure the achievement of targets.
- Managing claims at the individual and portfolio levels.
- Implementing plans and initiatives to increase customer satisfaction and retention.
- Reviewing business workflows to ensure accuracy, effectiveness, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring accurate preparation, and timely submission of periodical claim reports.
- Developing tools and recommendations for claims risk management/fraud detection.
- Establishing specific goals in conjunction with claims handling.
- Approving and/or recommending claims for settlement in line with the terms and conditions of the insurance policies and financial authority.
- Participating in the development of Claims department budgets.
- Enforcing the reserving policy following recommendations from the Finance department.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, Economics, or a related field from a recognized institution.
- A post-graduate Diploma in Insurance will be an added advantage
- At least seven (7) years’ relevant working experience in a busy Claims environment and three (3) years’ experience in a managerial position
- Extensive knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements of insurance companies.
- Results oriented with an entrepreneurial and innovative approach to business.
- Excellent leadership, problem-solving, and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical, reporting, communication, and presentation skills.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs and academic qualifications to email@example.com stating the subject heading CLAIMS MANAGER by Friday 7th April 2023 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts, and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share on Social Media