Our client in the health industry that offers medical and cosmetic treatments, is seeking to recruit a highly talented and dynamic professional to fill in the following position based in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for preparing accounts, budgeting, forecasting and managing financial statements. He / She will also be responsible for ensuring that all financial records and statements comply with applicable laws and regulations as well as advising and helping the management on financial matters and promotion of the organization’s mission, vision and values.
- Ensuring compliance with all tax matters, licensing bodies and authorities and processing of the tax payments and
- Conducting monthly, quarterly, and yearly close process to verify all entries made on XERO, ensuring completeness, accuracy and cohesiveness of the information
- Analyzing business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations and preparing
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of payments captured & tracked on XERO through cheques & EFTs and the reporting of all financial information; weekly, monthly, quarterly and end of the
- Managing payroll; calculating net salaries, ensuring payroll and tax documents are accurate, updating payroll files and processing deductions if any.
- Maintaining petty cash & inventory; sourcing for organizational supplies, negotiating for the best rates in themarket, ordering, controlling, and tracking stocks on XERO
- Reviewing and reconciling the general ledger, identifying and thoroughly investigating any discrepancies and taking the proper corrective actions to resolve
- Maintaining monthly listing of the accounts payable and receivables and following up on customer payments and debt collection.
- Preparing budget forecasts, budget variance analysis, audit schedules and supporting the organization during external audit.
Key Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related area of
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)or ACCA
- Member of The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an accountant in a busy
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards as well as creating financial statements
- Proficiency in XERO accounting software and administration skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel skills including pivot tables and great analytical skills
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- In-depth of Kenya’s financial laws
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs and academic qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading ACCOUNTANT by Friday 17th June 2022 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.