Our client, a leading office furniture supplier is seeking to recruit a highly talented and dynamic professional to fill in the following position;
The incumbent will be responsible for performing cost analyses, ensuring compliance with all applicable tax laws by filing and remitting all relevant taxes on a timely basis and preparing timely and credible financial reports in line with the company policies and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Summarizing current financial status by preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, cost accounting reports and other reports and reviewing them for accuracy and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Managing timely client invoicing and collection and explaining billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Managing bank reconciliations, General Ledger Reconciliation, Sub – ledger accounts such as inventory and resolving any discrepancies and ensuring bookkeeping of accounting records required by law and Best Practise in Accounting.
- Ensuring effective bookkeeping by keeping custody of receipts, expenditure forms, purchase orders and all other accounting records as required by the law and by Best Practice in Accounting
- Preparing and submission of taxes, ensuring timely filing of various taxes for example VAT, PAYE Withholding Tax etc, computing tax owed and preparing tax returns whilst ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other task requirements.
- Representing the company before taxing authorities, providing support during litigation and reviewing company’s accounts to ensure its financial records are valid and legal.
- Evaluating the company’s funds, checking for mismanagement whilst identifying risks and ways to improve processes to cut costs for business efficiency
- Verifying contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement, verifying vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements, matching invoices to cheques and obtaining all signatures for cheques, distributing cheques accordingly and monitoring customer details for non-payments, payment delays and other irregularities.
Key Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/accounting/Economics or any relevant field
- Professional Accounting trainings preferably Certified Public Accountants (CPA-K), ACCA
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Training in computerized accounting
- Conversant with taxation laws and statutory deductions
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading ACCOUNTANT by Friday 16th July 2021 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.