Our client in the insurance industry is seeking to recruit a highly talented and dynamic professional to fill in the following position based in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for providing strategic leadership in designing, developing and maintaining information and communications systems so as to meet company’s business objectives.
- Formulating and implementing the company’s ICT policies
- Implementing the ICT strategic plan in support of the Company’s corporate plan and business plans
- Ensuring databases run efficiently
- Optimizing the database architecture for specific databases and data marts and documents
- Identifying opportunities for the application of technology to assist the various departments achieve their objectives
- Building, adding, modifying, and deleting database objects
- Ensuring enterprise information systems operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards and legal requirements
- Negotiating service level agreements with vendors and monitoring ICT systems performance to ensure service standards are consistently met
- Ensuring the security and integrity of the systems and equipment at all times
- Developing and maintaining an enterprise-wide business recovery plan to ensure timely and effective restoration of ICT services in the event of a disaster
Key Qualifications, Experience, Skills, and Competencies
- Degree in Information Technology
- Diploma in Systems Design
- Certificate or diploma in project management is an added advantage
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in a busy ICT department preferably in financial services or insurance, 3 of which should be in management position.
- Experience in implementing and supporting an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application system.
- Candidates with experience with Turnquest Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application system will have an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of the insurance industry
- Must possess leadership qualities
- Knowledge of good management practices
- Knowledge of IRA, KRA, AKI regulations and country laws
- Good MS Office knowledge
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs and academic qualifications to email@example.com stating the subject heading ICT MANAGER by Tuesday, 8th August 2023 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Share on Social Media