What is Performance Management?
It refers to the ongoing process of improving performance by setting individual and team goals that are aligned with the organizational strategic goals. This is achieved through performance planning, reviewing the progress and developing the skills of the employees.
How do we Manage Employee Performance?
As Virtual Human Resources Services Limited, we purpose to help our clients meet their organizational goals and objectives by:
– Offering support in setting clear role definitions, goals and expectations of employees by formulating job descriptions that clearly highlight the job duties and responsibilities.
– Assisting in identifying training needs.
– Offering guidance on the Performance Improvement process.
– Recommending effective Performance Management Systems to our clients depending on the client’s needs.
Why is Performance Management Important?
Effective Performance Management enables the management to:
– Track employees' progress against the organizational goals.
– Identify the training needs amongst employees and organize training programs.
– Recognize employees’ potential and help nurture them into leadership roles.
– Boosts productivity through improved performance.
– Improve interactions between the employees and the management.
– Recognize and reward employees which leads to employee retention.
How to achieve a Successful Performance Management Process
– Agree on deliverables with the employee at the beginning of the appraisal period.
– Set reasonable and achievable targets.
– Listen to the employee to understand the challenges they face and the support they need.
– Give continuous and genuine feedback.
– Encourage employees to suggest ways that work best for them in improving their performance.
– Always document scores, areas of success, and areas of improvement.
– Ensure issues that are highlighted in a previous appraisal are properly addressed before conducting the next appraisal.
– For underperforming employees, ensure they are placed on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
Share on Social Media